Sunday, July 19, 2009

Getting my oats....

I don't know if I have a genuine wheat intolerance since I've never been tested for it but I do know that when I limit wheat products, my word, I feel SO much better! ;o) It has to be said that I do love bread but in the interests of feeling healthier I am trying to keep it at a maneageble level and there's lots of groovy new things to try, oh I love trying new foods and different recipes! ;o) However I'm digressing a little as I'm here to share an oaty post or two on a blog I lurk about on from time to time. Those of you in Scottish climes will have heard of Skirlie, a savory oat dish. I hadn't heard of it but found this post about it on Mostly Eating. I really like the look of it and will be having a go at it this week I think. Also, check out this post on there too, lots of oaty ideas! ;o) Particularly like the look of these fruit, nut and Tahini bars! I have trouble with breakfast ideas at times and I think these would hit the spot perfectly. ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, off to check out the recipe, because I remember skirlie being cooked with lard round here - a healthier option would be great as it is lovely.

    I adore oats too, so those links will certainly be checked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oats too.
    My ears itch when I eat too much wheat ... go figure.
    I eat WASA crispbreads sometimes ...

    as for breakfast, sometimes all i can manage is a protein shake.
    i tend to like my oats in the evening before bed with a sprinkling of ground walnuts or almonds, almond milk and maple syrup.

    Post more often! :D
    and is that really your bum? if it is love that you did that for your profile! it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louie, just checking in to see if you're still here.
    Hope everything is well.

    ReplyDelete