Saturday, May 9, 2009

Welcome!

Another blog about another soul on the road to health! ;o)

So, a little bit of background info to start with, enough to whet your appetite (ha ha!) not so much as to bore you to tears! I'm in my early 40s, married with a daughter, living in East Anglia, working as an artist. My "battle" with food, body image and my weight began in the dim and distant past when, as a teenager, I was terribly bullied at school. Unable to confide in anyone food became my refuge. Fairly swiftly food then became the enemy as I rapidly starting to gain weight. I embarked on my first diet when I was 14 or 15, looking back I really didn't need to, yes, I was a little plump but that innocent first diet sent me spiralling into years of self destructive behaviour. I've tried them all over the years, grapefruit, fruit only, liquid, WW, Slimming World, counting calories, fat units, points or whatever, milk & banana, Rosemary Conley, cabbage soup, three on two off, food combining, high fibre.....the list is endless and booooooooring! I've never been anorexic or bulimic but compulsive eating? Oh yes yes yes! It's really only been in the last five years that I have finally started to get to grips with it all.

So, why this blog? I recently tore my Achiles's tendon and my subsequent immobility whilst in plaster induced an undetected deep vein thrombosis leading to a pulmonary embolism. I'm on the road to recovery now but I know this is my time to improve my health.

More tomorrow, ahem, do I mean later today?! Stay tuned for stats and nekkid pics! ;oD

3 comments:

  1. Welome to blogland - and to improved health.

    Look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you:)

    Lets get going....going...going..xxx

    Or should that be gone...gone...gone? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Thanks both of you! ;o) x

    ReplyDelete